It's the little moments that make being a stay-at-home mom worth it. This past week has seemed to mark a huge change in Chloe. It was only a couple of weeks ago I was telling John that there was no way I could get anything done during the day because besides the 2 to 3 hours she sleeps, she needed my constant attention. Today, she played by herself from all morning. She rolled around on the floor, played in her exersaucer and sat in her pack n' play, and I was able to clean, pick up, do laundry, etc. And, the past couple of afternoons - usually when she won't play by herself - she was all for it. She is also starting to pull up using our fingers. She loves it! She thinks it's so much fun to go from laying to sitting to standing. She's generally in a great mood - happy and excited - looking around at everything. She laughs at silly games we play, and I just love her laugh.
It struck me today how much she has grown up right before my eyes, and I am so thankful to get to watch every minute of it. I was also reminded that she is still just a baby, and I didn't mind that either. For months now she has gone to sleep on her own for every nap and bedtime. Today, after wearing herself out playing, she worked herself up into such a crying tizzy that she couldn't go to sleep for her afternoon nap. Then, I got to shush her and rock her for a short time to help her go to sleep. It really is the little things that are the hugest blessings.
Construction Final'ish Stages
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment