Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday my Wonderful Husband!


Last week, we celebrated John's 30th Birthday. While his actual birthday was last Tuesday (the 4th), the festivities began with an all day trip to Vienna last Saturday. Chloe stayed at home with Marta (our babysitter) and her husband. John and I took the train in on Saturday morning and started our day by eating yummy sushi and visiting the Succession museum. They had a very artsy/eclectic exhibit featuring among other things a clean glass of water and a bubble making machine as art. We even went through a room that had paper streamers hanging from the wall and piles of paper all over the floor that you had to push aside and around to get through....if nothing else, it was very interesting.

We spent the rest of the day wandering around Vienna's city center, and then took a break at a food festival:

Isn't that cool? Besides tons of food, drink lounge chairs and eating spaces, they even had a little pool that you could rest your weary and hot feet. It was nice, especially because we had spent the whole day walking around!

That evening, we went out for - guess what? - Mexican Food! Tacos Lopez opened a little over a year ago in Vienna, and after a reading a few reviews online, we decided it sounded too good to pass up. I will say that it was pretty yummy - definitely better than any Mexican Food I had in NYC, but of course it doesn't come close to the real thing.

I'm holding my combo fajita dinner - well, what's left of it anyways!

On Tuesday, John's actual birthday, celebrated as a family at home. I made sun dried tomato pesto crusted chicken with creamy herb polenta and John's favorite - a red velvet cake. I made the pesto using basil from our friend's garden, which is better than anything you can get at the store, and John and I are now big polenta fans. And, the cake turned out absolutely delicious! It was better than I hoped - thanks Becky for the recipe!).

Well, before we could even get to dinner and cake, John just had to open his big surprise:


Here's John opening it up:


John has always wanted an acoustic guitar, and what better gift for a 30th Birthday? He LOVES it, and spent most of the rest of the night researching on the internet and practicing what he learned.

Happy Birthday, Honey. We love you! Jen and Chloe

No comments: