Who would have thought I would travel all the way to Slovakia to take Salsa Lessons? I didn't take them in Spain when I lived there nor in Texas where it is very popular, but in Bratislava, Slovakia. John's client offers them to their employees. A fellow expat from Austin, Christy, who works there invited me. Desperate to interact with other adults, I gladly accepted.
Christy went for the first time the previous week, so as we were walking to the lesson, I asked her how many people had been there. She said she had been the only one there. Huh.....she failed to mention that when she invited me. I wonder why. This time there were two other people as well as two instructors, one of whom was from Puerto Rico. The lesson turned out to be fun, and seeing as it currently is the only hour of non-baby social activity, I will be returning.
Apparently, I have made efforts to recruit myself onto the Slovakia National Volleyball Team or something to the like. At least, that's as near as I can figure out. I found this website, http://www.volleyball.sk/, and it looks to me like it's a Bratislava Volleyball League. However, seeing as I can't understand a single word on the website, I email them to ask about a city league. "Ivan" responds back to me first asking "where do you come from". So, I email back and again ask him to respond to my question. "Ivan" emails me back then requesting MY RESUME and a little about myself. I was a little shocked - a resume? So, I reply back to "Ivan" telling him I am a little confused and again what I was looking for. I even told him about my play experience, hoping that was enough for him to understand what I was talking about. No response. It's been two weeks already. I don't know....maybe you need a resume to play in the city league here, or maybe I was emailing the olympic team head coach or something. I guess I'll keep searching.
Construction Final'ish Stages
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment