Welcome to my blog! I never thought I'd say that as I have always been too busy to read other people's blogs, but being newly unemployed, or rather, recently deployed to another position of stay-at-home mom, I'm going to attempt this blog thing to chronicle our adventure in Eastern Europe. I am officially now calling where we live Eastern Europe. For a long time, I preferred to use the term "Central Europe", but after spending almost three weeks here, I realize now that we are no doubt in Eastern Europe. More on that later.
We live in Bratislava, Slovakia, on the border of Slovakia and Austria. Bratislava is beautiful. The Danube River borders the city with a fabulous running/biking/rollerblading trail - Burton loves to go off leash on the grassy parts. Bratislava is small enough to walk many places and a short distance by car to everywhere else. The weather has been FABULOUS! No more 104 degree days - the most it's gotten up to is 90 degrees. During the day, it's usually been in the 70's and 80's and down in the 60's at night. We love having our windows open to feel the crisp breeze. So far, people are very friendly and will attempt to speak English if they know it. Most people under the age of 40 speak a little English at least as they were taught it in school. Another great thing about Bratislava is that it is convenient to many places - 40 minutes to Vienna, 2 hours to Budapest, Hungary and 3 hours to Prague, Czech Repbulic.
My hopes for this blog is to keep everyone apprised of our adventures as well as comical side notes of our experiences getting adjusted to this foreign land. We've already racked up a host of interesting happenings and random knowledge, which I will begin to share in the coming days. Also look for "Chloe's Corner" and see how she is adjusting to all this.
Finally, to the right is a link to Phanfare, where our family albums are located. I will try to keep that updated regularly with photos and videos.
Construction Final'ish Stages
11 years ago


2 comments:
woohoo!!! I am excited I can't wait to read about all of your adventures!!
oh man i just looked at your pics and guess what it brought back memories from when I went to prague and vienna I am working saving for a trip to see you into my budget!!!! I am going to have to dig out the scrap book now and reminise!!!
Post a Comment