I really can't fathom how I lived without internet back in the day. What was life like without email, facebook, instant messaging, skpye, amazon, cnn.com and blogs? I am definitely not coping well now. It's as if a limb had been cut off, or as if one minute, I am a normal functioning human being, and now I am paralyzed, unable to go about my daily life. I never realized how dependent I am on technology! We are in a temporary apartment and have been dark for a week. I'm having to use John's computer with his s -l - o - w wireless card to type this. The good news is, we get transported back to the future on Wednesday! Until then, I will be watching either Eurosport or CNN (the only two channels in English) and twidling my thumbs.
2 comments:
I can certainly relate to your feelings of detachment being sans internet.
When I was in Cambridge this summer we had no T.V. in our rooms. I'm not a huge T.V. junkie, but when you are completely deprived of it you realize how important even thirty minutes of Keeping Up with the Kardashians is in your life! Mid-way through the summer I realized that you can watch most shows on the internet. However, watching Sex & the City on a media player with Chinese sub-titles wasn't exactly the same.
Hang in there. You will have CNN back in your life soon enough. I love the blog, but I miss you!
hey when do you get the internet back? don't you all have family in Houston are they safe? I need to call or email you its just been a crazy week really hard week I'll have to tell you about it.
Post a Comment