Late but definitely not forgotten, we got to spend Easter weekend with our good friends, Ken, Noemi and Minu Linnau at their weekend place an hour outside of Vienna. They have an old farmhouse that they are redoing themselves, and we had so much fun! Where the farmhouse is situated, it's so remote that if 3 cars pass by during the day, then that's a lot of traffic. It was incredibly relaxing! The first day, we visited a castle not far from the farmhouse - in Austria families used to own castles and rule their land from there, so there is a castle every few miles, and they are gorgeous! That night, we made a big fire and John cooked burgers on the grill - yummy! John, Jen and Chloe spent the night at a family pension around the corner where they had a really nice playground for the girls. Of course, Burton loved roaming around all over the place.
The next day, John and I went for a run through farmland and forests. We really love Austria - it is beautiful beyond words. And the girls had so much fun playing and splashing around:

We then shared a wonderful paella that Ken cooked on the outdoor grill. It was delicious! Minu and Chloe loved it. We ended our trip by stopping at the spa town not far from the farmhouse where the Viennese escape for the weekend to get massages and facials and enjoy the gardens and peaceful atmosphere. The town was so cute, with a river running through it and yummy ice cream. And, Chloe made friends with the ducks while the adults made plans to visit again!
You can see all of our photos from this weekend at http://albums.phanfare.com/4830992/2009/


1 comment:
I loved looking at pics and catching up. I can't believe how big Chloe is getting.
Ok I'm not kidding we need to start planning my trip there probably next spring is what i was thinking when is good times for you all I know that is way ahead but I need something fun to look forward to.
Post a Comment