I never thought I'd say it, but we're really in Moscow! Wow, it seems surreal. We arrived on Sunday afternoon after almost missing our flight because our car service didn't show up. Thanks to a speedy driver, we did make it, and immediately headed to Red Square. We only spent a little time there, planning to go back another day to visit Lenin's Tomb and see it all lit up at night. What struck us the most was St. Basil's Church which is at one end. It is beautiful with so many colors and textures and those funky onion domes! Also, along one side of the square is GUM, a building that used to house an old communist market. They have transformed it into the most beautiful and upscale mall either of us has ever seen. It is gorgeous, a rectangle four story building that is open in the middle with arched bridges to get from one side to the other and has every couture shop you can name.
John is in training all week, so Chloe and I are on our own during the days. Yesterday, we visited Gorky Park, and Chloe went on her first carousel ride. It seems like she liked it although I think her favorite thing so far was swimming in the jacuzzi at the hotel =). Moscow is HUGE! It's definitely not a walking city, and the metro is really hard to navigate due to the fact that the Russian letters are completely foreign and nothing is in English as well as the fact that it's not so stroller friendly. Hopefully, I'll get better at it. We're headed out to explore an artsy/wealthy area this afternoon after Chloe's nap, and we're going to the zoo tomorrow. Thankfully, the weather has been really nice. Stay tuned for more on our Russian adventures......
Construction Final'ish Stages
11 years ago


1 comment:
oh I'm excited I've always wanted to go to Moscow maybe one day
Post a Comment