Friday, April 17, 2009

The Sun is Out!

I must say, this has been a tough winter as far as weather is concerned. In Austin, I think there must be somewhere in the range of 300 sunny days a year. From my calculations, there maybe 150 to 200 sunny days in Bratislava, all occurring between the months of April and September. I think that's one reason I've had a hard time updating the blog - in February and most of March there was literally NOTHING going on - gray gray every day. We went to the gym, we went to playgroups, we went to the grocery store...that's about it. Needless to say, when the sun finally burst through about a week and a half ago, we were in heaven! Chloe went to the park 5 days in a row last week, and I think I ran outside almost every day. Thanks to our wonderful friend Ann who sent us a HUGE package of goodies for Chloe's birthday, I am blessed with this fabulous invention called the snack cup, which allows kids to reach in to get snacks but they don't spill out, and now I never leave home without it. It's perfect for running because I stick Chloe in the stroller with her snack cup and off we go. Chloe is also getting old enough to play in the park, and there are some great ones here. She is discovering sand and loves it (our bathtub and apartment floor are also seeing a lot of it these days). I will say her favorite thing is the swing, but she also loves going down the slide once she figured out how.


I also have a lot of updating to do - my mom came to visit from the middle to end of March for Chloe's birthday, and we went snowboarding in St. Anton, Austria which turns out to be one of the most amazing skiing places we've ever been. Chloe had a fabulous first birthday party, and we just spent Easter weekend in the middle of nowhere at our friend's old farmhouse in Austria. So, stay tuned =)!

No comments: